Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Saturday, September 11, 2010

Starbucks pumpkin scones


Have you ever tried the pumpkin scones at Starbucks? I didn't even know about them until a couple of years ago, but once I had one for myself, I was done for.

(They are just that heavenly.)

Of course, I immediately googled "pumpkin scones" hoping to find a good recipe! I found this one at Food.com (formerly Recipezaar), and it is meant to be an imitation of the Starbucks version, but is way better! In fact, recently I tried one from Starbucks, and was disappointed. It was as hard as a rock! Maybe they were just having an off day...either way, this is the best pumpkin scone recipe!

So this is my wording, but it is the same recipe.


Starbucks Pumpkin Scones

2 cups flour

7 tablespoons granulated sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

6 tablespoon cold butter

1 egg

3 tablespoons half and half

1/2 cup canned pumpkin


Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar

1 tsp. powdered sugar

2 tablespoons whole milk


Spiced Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar

3 teaspoons powdered sugar

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

pinch cloves

pinch ginger

2 Tbsp. whole milk


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and grease baking sheet or cover with parchment paper.



In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Blend in cold butter with a fork or pastry cutter. In another bowl, whisk egg, half and half,and pumpkin.

Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and combine, just until mixed.



Put onto lightly floured surface and gently pat into a 10 inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges. (The recipe said to pat it into a rectangle and make six scones, but I prefer 8 less enormous scones!)

Put onto prepared baking sheet, and bake for 10-11 minutes.



After they cool for a bit, frost with glaze with a pastry brush. As that glaze sets, drizzle spiced glaze on top next, if desired. (I only use the first glaze~ just personal preference.) You can use a whisk for this thicker glaze or even a spoon to make glazed "zigzags" over the scones. Wait for at least one hour before eating if using spiced glaze, for the icing to set.

(Recipe submitted by Rachel Snachel.)


Eat and enjoy!



I hope you all are having a great weekend! Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful night!

Blessings,

Jenni



5 comments:

Erin said...

Looks and sounds delicious Jenni!

Anonymous said...

I have not tried the pumpkin scones but have the vanilla and they are beyond yummy! I am sure these are too! Thanks for sharing!

Robin Beck said...

Wow those do look good. I will have to make them for the part of my family that can eat gluten!

Mel said...

I'm salivating just thinking of them. I don't bake but I sure do love imagining myself baking. lol

Juel said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe! I made these last night for my family and substituded 2 Tblsp 1% milk and 2 Tblsp of plain yogurt for the half and half. They turned out so fluffy so I thought I would pass my information on to you.