Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sneak peek~ The bead board ceiling and other plans


Hello you all! I hope this week has been going well for you! I think we really might be getting past all of this sickness over here, ever so S-L-O-W-L-Y! Thank you for your sweet and reassuring comments regarding my last post! I truly appreciated each one. :)

Well now, I promised you a little preview of the bead board ceiling in our master bathroom. I have a couple of spots to touch up, but it is pretty much a done deal!



We still need to replace the ugly, old fan and this will include a fan cover of course, and see that funny light hanging down there?

Well, I finally found something to replace it:


{Chrome and Crystal Chandelier~ Overstock.com}

It was love at first sight! Something about the combination of chrome and crystal, of simplicity and elegance...It finally came this morning, and I can't wait to install it {with my husband's help, of course!} ;) That bare bulb I have right now is blinding on the eyes, but it's either that or nothing until this weekend. It is hanging like that so I can paint around it. :)

I am really glad to have found a chandelier short enough that my husband will not bump his head on it every time he walks into the room!

This little room practically demanded a mini chandelier...However, I decided I loved my husband so much, I would give my chandelier dream up, just for him. {wink}

How nice to find a light fixture that both of us can live with! At only 15 inches in height, and 11 in width, this sweetie fit the bill just perfectly! :)

Other plans for this bathroom include:

A sink skirt for the vanity cabinet,

a sweet window valance,

a new faucet,

and a large vintage mirror hung over the sink and toilet, versus the two small cabinets hung side by side.


{"Before" picture}

The one above the sink was our medicine cabinet/mirror, and there was another little matching cabinet that hung beside it for hand towels/wash cloths.

Imagine two people attempting to use this mirror at the same time.

It is a really good thing we like each other! ;)

And about that light pink color on the walls...uh, don't ask! Let me just say, it was a painting disaster from a few years ago!

This is a very, very small bath~ quite typical of 1960's ramblers built in this area. The shower is to the left of the sink, the window to the right, and the door is where I took the picture! :) But this is the only master bath we have, and I am determined to make it a pleasant space to be!

It is a little hard to reveal this {ugly} "before" picture before I have the"after" picture, but I want to show the process of this as I go along...And even in this before shot, this room is SO much better than it was when we moved here! The bathrooms were beyond anything I'd ever seen before, and not in a good way...This one had the yellow sink and toilet, but it also had soot from the baseboard heater and the entire bathroom was a terrible mixture of mold and, well, urine... There is really no other way to say it gracefully...But I will also say we removed and replaced everything except the shower. {Which is not yellow.}

SO...that is a little preview of the master bath renovation...

How is your week going? I hope it has been a wonderful one for you all! Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a beautiful Friday! :)

Blessings to you~

Jenni


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni!

Glad you guys are slowly coming around. I can relate.

Your ceiling looks amazing! I can just see the chandi hanging there! I really like the miniature version! How sweet of you to consider your hubby's noggin :) I bet it feels good to have a lot of these projects complete.

Can't wait to see the final reveal!

Have a great day and weekend!

Blessings,
Michelle :)

Robin Beck said...

I adore the beadboard-It looks so good and the chandi is super cute!
Can't wait to see it all done.

So glad you guys are coming around over there and feeling better-That is great news!
I had 7 vials of blood drawn so they could see what is wrong with me, I was so bummed I finally had to go to the doctor (hadn't been to a doctor in 3 years!)
Hubby has mono and they are checking me now for it and anything else.
I look forward to when everyone around here is better too!

Hope you have a great weekend. Our plans are sleeping and watching movies~!

About Southern Belle said...

Okay, I've gotta see how the chandelier looks in the bathroom. You never cease to amaze me sister! = )

Tiff said...

I am so glad to hear your family is starting to feel better. I love the ceiling and that chandelier is SO perfect! (I want one too!) I also love the before pics! Showing the 'before' pictures will only make the 'after' pictures even better! x

Simple Home said...

I love that beadboard ceiling! It looks so pretty :-)
I hope everyone is feeling better at your house.
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Jenni,

That is going to be one beautiful master bath! I can't wait to see it when it's finished. I am in love with that chandelier! And the bead board ceiling is just so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oooo la la. I told hubby about your post, and mentioned that I might like to try this in our powder room. Hee hee. We have some bead board in the garage just sitting there........great job, I love the look and can't wait to see the rest.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

It's looking great all ready, lovely. I love the ceiling like that.

I'm glad you're posting again. I've been missing your lovely voice!

Sarahx

Erin said...

Jenni, that ceiling and light, total swoon, total!!! I love how this is looking and am so looking forward to more!!!

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

Oh I loooove the ceiling! Chandy will look so awesome!