Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fresh Flowers and an update

 Hello friends!

{I hope this finds you having a lovely week so far!}

We have been enjoying sunshine so far this week, and I'm crossing my fingers we might have some tomorrow, too! :)

 I was shopping for our groceries today, and brought home fresh flowers, as I do most every week.

 And I know it isn't spring, but I brought home tulips. If the truth be told, I usually buy tulips, all year round if they have them for sale! Even just a single bunch can make a big impact in any room, and the tulip's large leaves fill the vase with greenery.

 
 Between the sunshine and the tulips, it's like having a little spring again! :)

I continue to work away in the master bedroom, but am still not finished! I put a coat of pure white chalk paint on the fireplace as planned, but although I love the paint/color, it didn't seem right on the fireplace. So I am going to try Sherwin-Williams extra white in satin next, and see if that works better! You are probably wondering if I'll ever finish this room! {I am too!} ;) I hope to have something to show you soon!

Oh, and if you haven't entered our giveaway, you can do that here. We are giving away two copies of Gooseberry Patch's annual Christmas bookazine! :)

I hope you have a good night!

Blessings,
Jenni
{belle & sparrow}

14 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Jenni
The tulips are beautiful nothing brightens up a space like fresh flowers. Can't wait to see you reveal on the room. Enjoy the sunshine my friend

xoxo
Kate

Tiff said...

Those flowers are so lovely! I buy roses each week with my groceries and I think they really give my living area a lift! You master bedroom with be worth that extra effort! Hope your week is a happy! X

Lynne said...

I love Tulips! They are friendly flowers! They look perfect in your pretty mason jar. It's crisp and sunny right now...Enjoy the day!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Robin Beck said...

Hey Jenni,
We have been having sunshine down south too. It was wonderful but left us this afternoon. I heard a rumor that it will be back on Monday. We couldn't believe how warm it was at the beach last weekend, warmer then any other time this year. It was so nice! My husband has next week off but we haven't really planned anything YET!
Sounds like things are going well there for you. I hope your family is well too. The tulips look beautiful!

Patty Marker said...

Beautiful flowers. It's been a while since I bought fresh flowers for the house!

Lori said...

Nothing says spring like tulips and daisies! I think we stole all the sunshine from you guys. We finally had a cold front move in yesterday so I pulled out my jacket! It's been 72 degrees here! (that's freezing to me)

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. Also, thank you for the prayers that I know you truly prayed! This too shall pass!

michelle said...

Hey sweet girl these are so pretty! I love tulips. I am so sorry the paint color didn't turn out, I am so excited to see your room, no pressure. :) I know that you have been so busy.
I hope the sun shines on you this weekend and thank you for that bit of spring. :)
hugs!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Jenni, I totally love tulips, too! As for the fireplace, I'm impressed with you trying other things, but with you on it, nothing is better then Sherwin Williams paint!!! Seriously good paint!!! I'm excited for the reveal of your Master and crossing my fingers on the Gooseberry Patch Annual!!! Super Fun Blog!!!

And thank you so so so much for all your precious and encouraging words!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE knowing that you're following along and I'm your newest follower now!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love to treat myself to some fresh flowers once in awhile. Your tulips are gorgeous! Can't wait to see your room all finished.

Danielle

Emily said...

Just Beautiful! Thanks so much for your sweet and encouraging comment on my site. I am loving your blog. Everything here is so pretty and inspirational! :)

Emily

sandy said...

Hi Jenni! The tulips are gorgeous! I love them!

Sorry your chalk paint didn't look right on the fireplace, but at least you were able to change it. I just ordered the pure white and received it today. I can't wait to try it.

Darn it, I missed entering your give-away! I've been so busy getting ready for a yard sale. Yes we do yard sales here in November lol. Seems strange to me too, but it's still very nice out.

Hope you're having lovely weather!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Nothings better than fresh flowers in our homes!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Brandi said...

Your flowers are gorgeous Jenni! I planted a bunch of tulip bulbs in my yard a few years ago, but only a few ever bloomed. Good luck painting your bedroom. It's always so hard to find the "perfect" white paint!

Unknown said...

Tulips are such a happy flower. Sounds like you've been busy over here. When my blog was redesigned, my blog roll was erased and although I tried to add my favorite blogs back in, I just realized my Jenni was missing! You're back there now. Good luck with your fireplace color. I painted my "Wedding Veil" by Ben Moore if the Extra White doesn't work for you. I had it mixed at SW in Satin but now I'm thinking they told me WV was essentially their Extra White. Hmmm. Hope all is well!

xo,
Jami