Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Monday, October 3, 2011

{More Glitter + Wire= nest}

Hello there sweet friends!

{I hope you had a lovely Monday!}


Can you believe it is October? It is sad to see the summer go...However, with all of the fall inspiration I have seen around lately, I find I am definitely getting in the mood for fall! :)


Now this past week I was having fun with monograms, and I still am! I still have another one I am planning on showing you if it turns out well! ;) But I have a little something else to show you now:




{Glittered Word Wire Art}


Now this is a little spin off of the glittered monogram wire art I showed you last week...
 I used regular 5 x 7" frames this time, instead of canvas frames, because they were out of the two smallest sizes! :( 

 



 But I attached the chicken wire to the back of the frame just as with the canvas frames.






{It was a little bit of an "oops" moment here, because I cut it kind of wonky and ended up with some sharp cut edges...}






At this point I added the glittered letter with my glue gun, again using the same dark blue glitter I used before. {I just could not help myself.} ;) {The chipboard letters I used were glittered white, but that was easy to cover over.}







And eventually I had a word!


I used pre-cut letters this time that I glittered to taste~ so easy peasy! I wish they had been just a litte larger, but oh well! It's done, and I'm happy. :)



 

If you would like to make your own chipboard letters, you can see how to here and also here. You'll find a complete run-down and supplies list on making these here.






I am linking this post to the following:

Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello


I hope you each have a wonderful night, and thank you for stopping by! :)


Blessings to you~


Jenni

*frames: Walmart; $3
*spray paint: Valspar, white in flat 
*chipboard letters: Micheals
*glitter: Micheals, brand: Martha Stewart, color: hematite; $5

16 comments:

Tina said...

Jenni, this is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!! I am so in love with this project! You are a a genius my friend. Huge hugs to you for a fabulous week ahead ~ Txx

RhettDidntGiveADamn said...

I love it - and it seems so "you" in what I can see of your style. :) xo

Kate said...

Hi Jenni
Love the "nest" its beautiful and the garland on the mantel (swoon) Hope you have a blessed week my friend

xoxo
Kate

AttemptingAloha said...

What a beautiful...nest! ((see the play on words I did there? he he)). Seriously so lovely. I'm thinking I might need to make some of that garland for my Christmas decor. Every time I see it I do a little sigh. ;)

Aloha,
Charlie

trish said...

What a lovely mantel! :o) And I am swooning over your garland!! :o)
I am having a little give a way.
Would you like to drop by?
Sincerely, Trish

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi jenni!!
Wonderful letters, perfectly said :)

Looks Like you are on a roll with soulful words :)

xoxo
Dore

michelle said...

How cute is this!! I love it! Your whole mantel is just gorgeous!!
I hope you are well and I need to write you soon!!
Hugs!
xoxo

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

I love your glittered letters in frames. The linen garland is gorgeous too!

xoxo
Amanda

serena said...

It's GORGEOUS!!!!
You're a good artist!
xoxo
Serena

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

I love the nest artwork, I'll have to give it a try. Your home is so beautiful!

Tiff said...

How fantastic!!!! I love the letters put together to spell a word! I have some big chipboard letters in my stash too! I feel a project coming on! X

Heather Hays said...

Love this! Just posted it on my linen blog. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Meredith from A Mother Seeking said...

I just discovered your blog and I Love it! I am your newest follower. I am going to put your button on my sidebar too under "Blogs I love" because, well, I LOVE it!

~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

Twigs and Twirls said...

Oh the possibilities. Burlap, chicken wire and glitter. 3 of my favorite things. Looks beautiful.

Emily said...

I just love the beauty and simplicity of this project! I may have to replicate it! Thanks so much for sharing! I love your blog and am your newest follower!

Emily

www.mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your creativity is overwhelmingly impressive!!! Seriously the art letters and garland are GENIUS! I need to hang out here all the time ~ I think it will help my creative juices flow more freely! You're my inspiration!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing