Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Sunday, February 5, 2012

Plank Wall Photos



Hello lovely friends! I hope this finds you having a wonderful weekend!

We had a successful time of it last weekend working on the house, and were able to lay a new subfloor in our girls' room, not including the walk-in closet. {We did that yesterday.} No pretty pictures of this room...yet! Although I am liking even the new plywood floor a whole lot more than the carpet that was there! 

But I feel things are going much more quickly with this room, and I will be moving on to the beadboard ceiling on Tuesday! Yippee! I have been looking forward to covering up their popcorn ceiling for years! 

{I plan on doing a whole post of inspiration pictures showing just what is in store for this little room! And I also plan on showing before and after pictures of each phase of this room renovation...gulp!} This does not come easily for me, because I am such a perfectionist and would rather show the before pictures after! But isn't it always more fun to see those along-the-way progress pictures when someone is working on a big project?








But tonight I have some finished pictures for you. All I have really shown of the room is the faux fireplace, and so I thought I'd show you the plank wall I put up, and that side of the room. But first, please excuse the dimness of the pictures! We live in the land of perpetual rain, hence the grayness! I should have retaken these pictures later in the week, because we have had sun for a few days now! {gasp!}









Although when I say finished, I mean the renovation is now complete, and I can decorate now!








Just a little perspective:
The gray wall to the left in the above picture is the long wall where the faux fireplace is. On that wall is the doorway to the walk-in closet, which I have purposefully now shown yet! {It is awaiting a little makeover of its own!}









But oops! Do you see a glaring problem with this picture? You guessed it: a lack of handles on the dresser! Would you believe I actually declared myself finished with the room, having forgotten to paint the handles of that dresser? Oh dear...I will have those finished and where they belong lickety-split. Although this dresser is only temporary, until I find the dark walnut dresser I am looking for...


But you might be wondering why I haven't decorated yet...I had planned out and even purchased some things for this room along the way that simply didn't work when it all was said and done. I wanted a certain look and feel in the room...And weird as it sounds, you can't force inspiration. So I just had to be still and rethink things.







Now I have finally decided what to do about the bed linens, curtains, lamps, accessories~ the very feel of the room! Some of it will involve a visit to IKEA with my sister tomorrow, and some of it my sewing machine!







At first I had a gray comforter set that was very pretty, but didn't work. This quilt set isn't quite right either. The problem? I need to be brave and go for all white on this bed. I can mix in some off-whites, though, if that works.





I know, it is a lot of white in this room, without a lot of varying texture. But it won't stay that way. I like having a clean, blank canvas to work with, and it hasn't been altogether bad living the pared down style.
In fact, I have found I rather enjoyed it! So I will add textiles and textures and warmth without compromising the simplicity I love in this room.






In keeping with my new resolve to show things as I go along, I will be sure to show photos of decorating progress, promise! :)

I hope you each have a restful night, and a beautiful Monday! {And thank you for stopping by for a visit!}


Much love,


Jenni


9 comments:

Deborah said...

Jenni the plank wall is beautiful!
Oh you have so many ideas and thats so wonderful!
I can't wait to see how you'll put everything together!
Such fun, isn't it?!
Enjoy your trip to Ikea with your sister!
Love to you dear xo

Deborah xoxoxo

NanaDiana said...

Jenni- I love the plank wall and the room is just so serene looking. Sometimes it is the lack of decorating in a room that conveys the real feel of it. It looks cool and serene to me. Love it- xo Diana

michelle said...

The wall is so beautiful Jenni!! You have done a brilliant job and your room is coming along perfectly! I can't wait to see how you start adding things, I know it will be beautiful!
xoxox

Kate said...

JENNI WOW WOW

I LOVE IT CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REST

XOXO
KATE

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

This is gorrrrgeous, Jenni! I love it!! All our bedding is white, apart from the quilt, and I LOVE it that way!! You can build up layers of loveliness...and it still looks so clean and crisp and yummy - go for it!!

And, one last thing, can I come and stay right now!!?

Sarahx

Lynne said...

Jenni,
Your room is beautiful!
I love the horizontal plank wall.
I cannot wait to see the next steps in your design process!
You are always filled with inspiration!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Tiffany said...

It's already beautiful. I know it will be perfect when it's "decorated"!

About Southern Belle said...

Your room is beautiful, the picture of tranquility. Well done.

sandy said...

Hi Jenni! Oooooh this is sooooooo beautiful!! I love the plank wall, the chandy, the everything!! You did great girl!

hugggs, xoxo