Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Monday, May 28, 2012

If I lived in a farmhouse...

 {Credits: Inspired by a lovely post written by my friend Michelle from Emerald Cove titled "If I had a beach house", which I enjoyed so much I have written my own version of this theme!}

If I lived in a farmhouse, it wouldn't have to be perfect.

Of course, we would want to avoid one that was too much of a fixer upper...

{via google}

But I wouldn't mind one that needed a little help here and there.





It would be an old home, and each room would have a story to tell...





 We'd fix it up and make it home sweet home.



{source}


It would have a wide front porch with a swing for relaxing with a cup of coffee,



{via google}


 and a porch ceiling painted a soft shade of blue. 



{via google}


It would have old wood floors that creak a little when you walk on them...
 

{source}
 
...and a claw foot bathtub, the perfect tonic for those long hours working on the house or around the farm.







If I lived in a farmhouse, I would wake up early each morning to the sounds of my chickens clucking.



{source}


They would be wanting their breakfast, and I would need to collect the eggs.


 {source}


Every day I would tend to the other animals and the kitchen garden...



 {source}



 I would drive an old Chevy truck, just perfect for driving into town and picking up groceries or hay for our animals.


 


 
We would have a little cottage next door~ a cute little cottage, sweet and cozy...



{source}


It would be our little bed and breakfast cottage...


On our land I would grow a small lavender farm. You could find me there weeding and planting to my heart's content.





And there would have to be a purple bench nearby!






If I lived in a farmhouse, I would look out our kitchen window and see our fields...





Wide open spaces to live and grow...


And we would watch glorious sunsets together from our front porch



{source} 



...or while taking an evening walk.



{source}


And we would thank God that we lived in such a beautiful place and called it home.


{source}


This is the little dream that we hold close, and pray one day will be for our family. But we have decided there are ways to have a farmhouse in the country, even if you don't live there! More on these ideas later...


Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and I hope you have a lovely Monday! :)


Blessings,
Jenni

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni,
I loved this post!! This is one of my dreams as well.
Wishing you a beautiful week!
Sincerely,
Melinda

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Hold on tight to that dream! We found our fixer upper and have been slowly incorporating these things into it. I just planted 20 lavender plants last week. {the onyl difference is I am a Ford girl, so I bought an old Ford} Three years ago if someone had told me I would find my farmhouse with my porch, swing, garden, chickens, lavender and an old truck I would have said they were crazy. But I persisted to look and do everything on a VERY VERY slim income. When I found this house I even sold our minivan for the deposit. We moved here without a car for the first 6 months!! It was done on a hope and a prayer and things are coming together. So like I said, hold on to it!! Anything is possible!!

Lynne said...

So sweet and beautiful of you to share your dreams. Mr D and I hope to move to the country some day.
How are your chickens doing?
~Lynne
w/L.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Oh I too share that dream..you however made it even more beautiful..what a special post! x0

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni!

I share your dream. Sigh... love the farm truck to carry flea market treasures, and the porch swing. Well, all of it. Such a fun and sweet post!

I don't get on to blogger much, but thought I'd stop by to say hi. I hope and pray life is treating you and your family well.

Blessings to you old bloggy friend!

Michelle

lisaroy said...

sigh. yup, and if it has a water view on one side, even better! :)

Brandi said...

Such a lovely dream. I hope your dream comes true one day. Life in a farmhouse seems pretty sweet.

sandy said...

what a wonderful post! Oh, now I want to do one too, I think we all should do one and maybe someone should put a Meme or something together for it.

love the chevy truck!

yanmaneee said...

michael kors handbags
kobe shoes
hermes belts
nike 270
adidas stan smith women
nike air max 95
adidas superstar shoes
nike air force 1 high
yeezys
balenciaga sneakers

Unknown said...

regardez ici Fendi Dolabuy cliquez ici pour plus d'informations www.dolabuy.su à partir de cette source sacs répliques acheter en ligne