Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Monday, May 28, 2012

If I lived in a farmhouse...

 {Credits: Inspired by a lovely post written by my friend Michelle from Emerald Cove titled "If I had a beach house", which I enjoyed so much I have written my own version of this theme!}

If I lived in a farmhouse, it wouldn't have to be perfect.

Of course, we would want to avoid one that was too much of a fixer upper...

{via google}

But I wouldn't mind one that needed a little help here and there.





It would be an old home, and each room would have a story to tell...





 We'd fix it up and make it home sweet home.



{source}


It would have a wide front porch with a swing for relaxing with a cup of coffee,



{via google}


 and a porch ceiling painted a soft shade of blue. 



{via google}


It would have old wood floors that creak a little when you walk on them...
 

{source}
 
...and a claw foot bathtub, the perfect tonic for those long hours working on the house or around the farm.







If I lived in a farmhouse, I would wake up early each morning to the sounds of my chickens clucking.



{source}


They would be wanting their breakfast, and I would need to collect the eggs.


 {source}


Every day I would tend to the other animals and the kitchen garden...



 {source}



 I would drive an old Chevy truck, just perfect for driving into town and picking up groceries or hay for our animals.


 


 
We would have a little cottage next door~ a cute little cottage, sweet and cozy...



{source}


It would be our little bed and breakfast cottage...


On our land I would grow a small lavender farm. You could find me there weeding and planting to my heart's content.





And there would have to be a purple bench nearby!






If I lived in a farmhouse, I would look out our kitchen window and see our fields...





Wide open spaces to live and grow...


And we would watch glorious sunsets together from our front porch



{source} 



...or while taking an evening walk.



{source}


And we would thank God that we lived in such a beautiful place and called it home.


{source}


This is the little dream that we hold close, and pray one day will be for our family. But we have decided there are ways to have a farmhouse in the country, even if you don't live there! More on these ideas later...


Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and I hope you have a lovely Monday! :)


Blessings,
Jenni

8 comments:

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Jenni,
I loved this post!! This is one of my dreams as well.
Wishing you a beautiful week!
Sincerely,
Melinda

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Hold on tight to that dream! We found our fixer upper and have been slowly incorporating these things into it. I just planted 20 lavender plants last week. {the onyl difference is I am a Ford girl, so I bought an old Ford} Three years ago if someone had told me I would find my farmhouse with my porch, swing, garden, chickens, lavender and an old truck I would have said they were crazy. But I persisted to look and do everything on a VERY VERY slim income. When I found this house I even sold our minivan for the deposit. We moved here without a car for the first 6 months!! It was done on a hope and a prayer and things are coming together. So like I said, hold on to it!! Anything is possible!!

DREAMS ON 34th STREET ~ French Bread & Family said...

So sweet and beautiful of you to share your dreams. Mr D and I hope to move to the country some day.
How are your chickens doing?
~Lynne
w/L.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Oh I too share that dream..you however made it even more beautiful..what a special post! x0

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Hi Jenni!

I share your dream. Sigh... love the farm truck to carry flea market treasures, and the porch swing. Well, all of it. Such a fun and sweet post!

I don't get on to blogger much, but thought I'd stop by to say hi. I hope and pray life is treating you and your family well.

Blessings to you old bloggy friend!

Michelle

lisaroyhandbags said...

sigh. yup, and if it has a water view on one side, even better! :)

Brandi said...

Such a lovely dream. I hope your dream comes true one day. Life in a farmhouse seems pretty sweet.

Sandy said...

what a wonderful post! Oh, now I want to do one too, I think we all should do one and maybe someone should put a Meme or something together for it.

love the chevy truck!