Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Twelve Days of Christmas Cookies {Day Two}


"On the second day of Christmas"

I am giving you a recipe for:

Mexican Wedding Cake

Now I don't know if this is truly served as wedding cake in Mexico~ does anyone know if it is?~ but it is such a delicious cookie, it could certainly be served at a wedding. It even looks the part, covered in powdered sugar! And they fit in nicely as a Christmas cookie, too. I found this recipe years ago on the back of the C & H powdered sugar bag, and they've been a favorite of my husband's ever since. This one is definitely worth a try!

{Ingredients}

1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 cups nuts, finely chopped

additional powdered sugar~ about 1 and 1/2 cups

{To bake}

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

With electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar. Add vanilla.

Combine flour, salt and nuts; stir into sugar mixture. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 15 minutes until lightly browned.



While hot, roll in powdered sugar.



Cool on a rack, then roll again in powdered sugar to coat.


Makes about 5 dozen.

{Enjoy!}


Well, I am still trying to decide whether or not to do a one time "linky" party for homemade goodies this week. It seems like a Christmas kind of thing to do! And again, if this is something you'd be interested in, please let me know! I will let you know in a couple of days if it's a go! :)

I sure hope your weekend was wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!

Blessings,

Jenni

8 comments:

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

I love these cookies so yummy!

-Danielle

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

These are my hubby's favorites... They are also called Russian teacakes.

Hugs!
Robin~♥

nancy huggins said...

They are making me hungry..can't wait for my Daughter to come for Christmas so we can bake :)

Kim @ Quit Eating Out {Recipes to Make Dining Out a Choice, Not a Chore} said...

I'm putting together my list of cookies to bake and I've been wanting to try these! Bookmarking now. Thanks for sharing!!!

Beth said...

I've been trying to come up with a cookie to round out my holiday goody boxes. I think I just found it! thanks for sharing!

Erin@likegrandmas said...

When I took Spanish, these were always on our menu, pretty tasty!

Camasthecat said...

OOH! Munchy & Crunchy!!! (you all should make them)

Liz said...

Ooooh I remember these cookies! I haven't had one in years!