Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Glittered Letter Doily Banner {Valentine's Day Ideas}



Hello sweet friends! I hope your week has been a beautiful one so far!

I thought that as it was getting closer to Valentine's Day, I would share this banner with you! 

I shared this when I guest posted over at Attempting Aloha about this time last year, but never shared it here! However, it's such an easy little craft, I thought it would be a shame not to show it over here as well!




I had these cute large chipboard letters on hand. A few years ago, I was really into using them for my banners, but I hadn't used them in a while.




They are pre-glittered, but I didn't want them to be black for this project. Enter dark blue glitter...






I decoupaged the letter,





and then shook the glitter over it. Yea! Now I had a blue  glittered letter!





And another letter...





I just kept glittering away, until I had finished all the letters I needed. After letting them dry, I was ready for these:


These small doilies, just under 7 inches wide, were found at JoAnn's Fabrics.




I glued each glittered letter to the the center of each doily...Now I used a glue gun, because I want to be able to get it off easily, to use these doilies again. However, I tested a letter using Elmer's multipurpose glue, and it worked great.





There is just something about glittered letters...





I just wove the ribbon through two of the holes in the top of each doily. I adjusted them until they looked right, attaching it securely to both ends of the mantel. (Upholstery tacks work wonders for this!)





And you have a doily banner!






{What you will need for this project}
Small doilies
Chipboard letters {I know these can be found at Michael's craft store}
Glitter
Decoupage glue
Foam brush
Glue gun/glue sticks or Elmer's glue
Ribbon



 I hope you all have a good night, and a lovely Wednesday! It has been snowing since Saturday, and we are enjoying being *snowed in* over here! Apparently there is a lot more on the way, too, so I have three very excited children! I'm crossing my fingers we get even more snowed in! :)


Blessings,
Jenni

8 comments:

Tiff said...

It has been far too long since I visited! Family life gets too busy! I just adore your doily banner and the beautiful message, you created. What a wonderful valentines project! God bless! X

DREAMS ON 34th STREET ~ French Bread & Family said...

Jenni!
You have created a lovely banner! It is stunning on your beautiful mantle.
Take care and keep warm!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Pieced Pastimes said...

I love this banner. It looks perfect on your mantel! Just the sweetest!

michelle said...

It is so pretty Jenni! I love your ideas and your mantel always looks so festive. I am sorry I have not written in a while and I hope you are doing well.
Hugs!
xoxoxo

Mom Taxi Julie said...

That's just darling! I love anything with doilies :)

Ironstone and Pine said...

Too adorable Jenni, love it!!

Toffe said...

So sweet!!!

designchic said...

So cute...love it!!