Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Thursday, June 16, 2011

I tried something new...

...and baked some {healthy} goodness!
Gluten-Free Chocolate-Chip Cookies with Flax Seeds and Walnuts.

I discovered the original recipe here. Gotta say at first glance I was impressed. Still am. Thing is, though this is a fantastic recipe, the nutritional value wasn't what I was hoping for. Sooooo, I added some walnuts, ground flax seed, and whole flax seeds.

Ingredients I added on:
1 tablespoons whole flax seeds
1/4 ground flax seeds
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

{Note: You can add these healthy extras to wheat-based cookie dough too!}

{dough chilled and ready to bake}

You can chill the dough in the refrigerator for one hour or you can do what I do.
Place cookie dough in refrigerator.
Preheat oven.
Remove cookie dough from refrigerator.
Take dough, roll into six balls and place on baking sheet,
place remaining dough back in refrigerator,
place the rolled dough that is on the baking sheet into the freezer for about 5 minutes.
Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Repeat process; it helps if you have two baking sheets.


{Note: chilling the dough is a must for gluten-free cookies!}

{waiting for the cookies!}

{it's cookie time!}

Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes than transfer cookies to cooling rack.
Pour a glass of ice-cold milk to go along with your freshly baked cookie and enjoy!

{belle}
simply . living . life

4 comments:

Paula said...

I'm drooling. I didn't know you were gluten free... I am too! I'm going to have to make these at home. They look delicious.

Tiff said...

They look AMAZING! I made a gluten free lemon tea cake for morning tea at school today & it was de-lish! I will email the recipe in case you'd like to try it, with the pizza dough one I found when I get a chance! Thanks for the link, I will try these too! Yum! X

Deborah said...

Yummy!
Looks like they cant wait!!!
So cute!

Deborah xoxo

Kellie Collis said...

What a fabulous room! Love what you did with the ceiling! Enjoy the wonderful day, Kellie xx