Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Plank Ceiling Progress Pictures

How are you today, my friends?

I hope this was a wonderful Wednesday for you! And just think~ we are over half way until another weekend!

{I feel as if I could use the weekend right about now, how about you?}

Well now...

Do you remember how I promised you a plank ceiling preview? I have some pictures for you, to show you how it's all coming along. I was just having the darnedest time capturing how the ceiling (primed and painted 2x now) really looks. Part of the problem was waiting until after dinner to take pictures! The sun was going down, and taking all the light with it. SO...there is my disclaimer. ;)



Obviously I waited too long in the day to take this picture as well! But it gives you the general idea of how the ceiling looked before spackling and priming.

And that hole in the middle of the ceiling is meant to be there~ our chandelier goes there! :)


{Sorry for the blurred portion of this picture~ it doesn't really look like that!}



This is how it looks now. I have at least one more coat to go, and a lot of caulking to do! And thank goodness for caulk, because that will hide all the seams where the boards didn't butt up against each other as tight as I wanted. {I made sure, however, to leave gaps on both far ends on every row of planks. This will allow for expansion and contraction of the planks...}

So this is partly what I have been up to this week! And do you remember the beadboard ceiling we put up in the master bathroom?



And how I never showed you whole room pictures because of waiting for the new fan to be installed? Well, it finally is, and I have been working to wrap up a few little details in the room. Hopefully I will have full room shots by the weekend!

What have you been up to this week? I'd love to hear! :)

I hope you each have a beautiful Thursday, and a restful night! Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings to you~

Jenni


16 comments:

Paula said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see more pics!

Mel said...

Wow! It's gorgeous. Exactly what I would like to do in my dining room, but oh, I can't imagine how much work it would be. Is your neck killing you? LOL

Amy@HomeRemediesRX said...

Wow! It looks amazing! I can't wait to see more pics!

Patty Marker said...

It looks amazing and the chandelier is gorgeous!

michelle said...

Jenni it looks gorgeous!! I love it so far, so much charm and your chandi is so beautiful! All your hard work is paying off and I bet that you are loving it! :) I can't wait to see your bathroom photos as well.
Enjoy your weekend my friend!!
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Jenni, I love it! That is the prettiest chandy I've ever seen. I love the board ceiling!!!

Nancy

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Jenni, I love how your plank ceiling looks! It is so pretty with the crystal chandelier. Your bathroom beadboard ceiling looks fabulous too! I can't wait for the full room reveal :)

xoxo
Amanda

. said...

Both are so beautiful!!

As you know, I want to do this in my bathroom. It's a far off project, but which would you suggest? Planks or beadboard?

Kate said...

Hi Jenni

Thanks for the sweet note. I love the ceiling plank and with that chandy {swoon} looks amazing

As for the sheets I bought them online from Target have not had any problems yet from washing etc. I'll keep you posted. Have a great weekend.

xoxo
Kate

About Southern Belle said...

Looks amazing! You put a great amount of time and effort into this project and it shows. I love it!!!

Tiff said...

Hello lovely Jenni, your ceiling is looking fab! Can't wait to see it all! X

Tiffany said...

What beautiful texture! I remember being a kid and laying in bed looking up at the popcorn ceiling. Even as a kid, I would have prefereed looking at something this pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

Lori said...

Loving both, the planks and beadboard! I want beadboard in my bedroom, but I'll be staining mine. It's a long time away though. I'm loving the plank idea for my living room. It has a very unsightly seam going in two directions where there was once a wall torn down by previous owners. One day, one day. Thanks for giving me a visual! Maybe I can make it happen faster!

Leslie said...

Hi Jenni!!! Thanks for droppng by the spoonful blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love that ceiling. Don't you just hate painting ceilings .. it's hard work!!
Enjoy your evening.

Deborah said...

Beautiful job!!
This is perfect and the chandy looks fabulous with it!!
Love it!!

Deborah xoxo