I decided on Sunday to sew a simple apron. How difficult could it be? Though I had no pattern I did have a apron on hand which was the style I wanted to re-create.So I pinned my sample apron to this adorable paisley material, that my sister had given me, and cut it into the desired size. I then sewed the edges about 1/2 inch under.
To add a little more flair I decided to use a different material that was given to me, also by Jenni, to create the edging and neckline for the apron. I cut a two-inch width alongside the fabric two times. I sewed the two pieces together at the width and then lengthwise. I then attached a diaper pin to one side of the material and pulled it under and through until the fabric was no longer inside out.
I then sewed the neckline and edging on.
I cut a small piece of fabric to add to the neckline of the apron.
Sewed and ready to wear...
...love the fabric...
...love the colors...
...and for my first attempt at sewing an apron, I think it turned out fairly well.
simply . living . life