Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Simple Apron

I decided on Sunday to sew a simple apron.  How difficult could it be?  Though I had no pattern I did have a apron on hand which was the style I wanted to re-create.  
So I pinned my sample apron to this adorable paisley material, that my sister  had given me, and cut it into the desired size.  I then sewed the edges about 1/2 inch under.
To add a little more flair I decided to use a different material that was given to me, also by Jenni, to create the edging and neckline for the apron.  I cut a two-inch width alongside the fabric two times.  I sewed the two pieces together at the width and then lengthwise.  I then attached a diaper pin to one side of the material and pulled it under and through until the fabric was no longer inside out.
I then sewed the neckline and edging on.
I cut a small piece of fabric to add to the neckline of the apron.
Ces't fini!
Sewed and ready to wear...
...love the fabric...
...love the colors...
...and for my first attempt at sewing an apron, I think it turned out fairly well.
Voila!

belle
 simply . living . life

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Okay Belle~ I know this is our blog, but I just had to comment on your adorable apron! I love how the fabrics blend so well together, and how you added the floral fabric to the neckline and sides of the apron! So sweet! Good going, sister! :)

Robin Beck said...

Is there nothing you girls can't do? Simply amazing!
BTW: Sewing aprons can become addicting!

Loved the fabric Jenni gave you!

Robin~♥

Sharon said...

Oh how beautiful Belle! And I LOVE paisleys :) Thanks for sharing :)
Sharon

Erin said...

This is terrific, and I too love paisely!

Anonymous said...

So cute! You did a great job!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Great job on the apron! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I *adore* the paisley pattern! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could sew... these are my kitchen colors! Love it...