Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Monday, August 2, 2010

Menu Of The Week

If you've read my other blog you know I am a big fan of planning meals ahead of time. Not only does meal planning save time, it's a money saver! This week I added a new meal to the list, because variety is the spice of life! Last night we enjoyed Turkey Burgers for dinner. It was the healthier option to hamburgers and tasty! Instead of ordinary, enriched white hamburger buns, we opted for whole wheat. To spice things up a bit, I added roasted red bell peppers to the assortment of condiments--oh so good!

Sunday
Turkey Burgers, Baked Beans and Chips

Monday
Chicken & Steak Fajitas and Fruit Salad

Tuesday
Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, Gyzoa with Side Salad

Wednesday
Cobb Salad, Homemade Minestrone Soup with Bread

Thursday
Sausage & Hotdogs, Potato Salad and Veggie Tray

Friday
Tacos {a family favorite}

Saturday
BBQ Hamburgers and Chips

Since we're talking about food, this is a great time to announce that beginning Saturday, Sparrow and I will begin hosting, Plan Ahead Saturday. Plan Ahead Saturday is a place where you can show and tell one of your favorite meals, salads, desserts or side dishes that's on your menu for the coming week. Its also a place where you can be inspired to make a new dish! Say goodbye to those dreadful moments contemplating what to make for dinner minutes before it needs to be on the table. I know I've been there, done that! Instead, join in on the fun and plan ahead!

Party button coming soon!
Until then have a frugalicious week!

belle
simply . living . life

5 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds good! I too like planning and you are right, it makes sense!

Robin Beck said...

You girls are so organized! I love that about you!

Sounds fun, I'm looking forward to seeing what's on the menu!

Robin~♥

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I just started the meal planning and I'm loving it. Yesterday was Tacos, today is "Arroz con pollo" spanish rice dish, Pork chops tomorrow, then steak, Friday is my take on Chop Sui...so freaking easy!!! I look forward to seeing these!

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds so yummy!