Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Friday, December 3, 2010

Clothespin Nativity

Like Sparrow, {Jenni} I thought I would share my homemade Christmas Tree ornaments that, Stephanie Lynn, at Under the Table and Dreaming featured.

One reason I chose to use clothespins in this craft is because I had at least a hundred of them. At first I thought it would be neat to make a bunch of angels, but then during a conversation with my sister, she mentioned making shepherds and from that point I decided to make the whole nativity-minus the cow and donkey. My artsy skills failed me in drawing out those two animals.


So here's what I used to make the Nativity.
Clothespins
Scissors
Cardboard {thin like used on cereal boxes}
Mod Podge
Glue Stick
Twist-ties for halos. {like you would see on a bag of bread}
Glitter
Scrapbook Paper
Ribbon
Black Marker

{Take a clothespin}

{Take cardboard and trace your design}

{Take Mod Podge}


{Add scrapbook paper and ribbon}

{The glue stick came in handy when applying the glitter}

{Scrapbook paper on star}

{Finished star after applying glitter}

{The Nativity}

{Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus}

{Wise man}

{The three wise men}

{The sheep}

{The shepherd and his flock}


{The angels}

So, if you're looking for a simple, fun and inexpensive way to make your own Christmas Tree ornaments, this might be a project you'll enjoy.

belle
simply . living . life

13 comments:

Turley Times said...

Oh, those are too cute! What a great idea. Nativities are so ubiquitous and it's fun to see a fresh and creative twist on them. I made a nativity out of flowerpots a couple years ago after seeing it in a magazine somewhere.

Hannah

About Southern Belle said...

Hannah: That is so neat, I'd love to see some pictures of your nativity if you have any.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I really love this idea. This is exactly the kind of craft that sums up to me what Christmas is about - celebrating its meaning, spending time with the children and enjoying the slight imperfections too (not that their seem to be any in your lovely set!!).

Sarahx

Jessica said...

You are so creative and crafty! I have been in a crafty slump, cannot get motivated to make gifts or decorations. Send me some of you mojo would ya? lol

About Southern Belle said...

Oh Jessica, you're not alone. It was all I could do just to make this nativity. Maybe its just one of those years, where we all need a little extra mojo, lol!

About Southern Belle said...

Sarah, glad you liked the nativity. Sometimes its just nice to make something that not only is pretty and fun to make, but meaningful too!

Unknown said...

Too cute!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these. What a great idea!!!

Erin said...

Love these!!!!

Robin Beck said...

So cute Belle, I was singing♪♫ "Come they told me pa rump pa paaa pum-A new born king to see..."♫♪ While looking at all the great pictures, I just couldn't help myself they are so cute!

Robin~♥

Jessica said...

Those are cute! Looks like something kids could help create too.

Anonymous said...

Way too sweet and very cute!

Anonymous said...

So cute!