Dear friends, My blog has moved!
Please visit me over at my new site!


I hope to see you there!

~Jenni



Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Twelve Days of Christmas Cookies {Day Two}


"On the second day of Christmas"

I am giving you a recipe for:

Mexican Wedding Cake

Now I don't know if this is truly served as wedding cake in Mexico~ does anyone know if it is?~ but it is such a delicious cookie, it could certainly be served at a wedding. It even looks the part, covered in powdered sugar! And they fit in nicely as a Christmas cookie, too. I found this recipe years ago on the back of the C & H powdered sugar bag, and they've been a favorite of my husband's ever since. This one is definitely worth a try!

{Ingredients}

1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 cups nuts, finely chopped

additional powdered sugar~ about 1 and 1/2 cups

{To bake}

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

With electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar. Add vanilla.

Combine flour, salt and nuts; stir into sugar mixture. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 15 minutes until lightly browned.



While hot, roll in powdered sugar.



Cool on a rack, then roll again in powdered sugar to coat.


Makes about 5 dozen.

{Enjoy!}


Well, I am still trying to decide whether or not to do a one time "linky" party for homemade goodies this week. It seems like a Christmas kind of thing to do! And again, if this is something you'd be interested in, please let me know! I will let you know in a couple of days if it's a go! :)

I sure hope your weekend was wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!

Blessings,

Jenni

8 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love these cookies so yummy!

-Danielle

Robin Beck said...

These are my hubby's favorites... They are also called Russian teacakes.

Hugs!
Robin~♥

nancy huggins said...

They are making me hungry..can't wait for my Daughter to come for Christmas so we can bake :)

Anonymous said...

I'm putting together my list of cookies to bake and I've been wanting to try these! Bookmarking now. Thanks for sharing!!!

Beth said...

I've been trying to come up with a cookie to round out my holiday goody boxes. I think I just found it! thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

When I took Spanish, these were always on our menu, pretty tasty!

Camasthecat said...

OOH! Munchy & Crunchy!!! (you all should make them)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I remember these cookies! I haven't had one in years!